Grade II listed House,
situated about one mile south of Strata Florida Abbey.
the house was thought to have been present at the time of the Abbey and
is medieval in character. However the majority of the house is probably
early eighteenth century in rear wing with early nineteenth century
front range, stuccoed and with an extension built on to the left of main
house around 1910. There are late
or early twentieth century alterations. A range to the rear of the
present house was demolished by the Forest Commission some 30 years ago,
as also a large barn to the South, which appears on the tithe map, twice
the size of the house.
A lofted coach-house
next to the main building is marked on the 1843 Tithe map. It has a
formal design with roundel made up of fragments from Strata Florida
abbey. First floor central
circular window in limestone surround is flanked by two plundered
scrolled stones from Strata Florida
Coach House showing
circular window taken from Abbey after the Dissolution.